Join us on our About Us tab!
IN THE NEWS
Click on the links to read about us!
BE A PART OF
Support the healing power of the arts. Help our youth and families overcome poverty and historical trauma. Dancing Spirit in Ignacio, a rural tri-ethnic community in SW Colorado, offers powerful art programs to help families transform their lives. Be part of our newest initiative "Building Bridges through Art," in which we are piloting a wellness court as an alternative to incarceration. Join us in empowering youth through creative expression!
We have ongoing art classes for kids, adults, and families. We serve our unique community with programs to come together, lift everyone up, and heal pasts. We have a gallery with shows and events for all ages and, live music, and food!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
* Provide a community arts center that enhances creativity and fellowship;
* Promote the education, appreciation, and enjoyment of the arts; and
* Celebrate the cultural heritage of our diverse population.
The demand for Dancing Spirit's work with youth continues to explode in all directions. Community organizations are seeking us out to work with their children and families, as we are considered "movers and shakers" on behalf of art, community and kids.
Right now we are in the midst of:
• Expanding our therapeutic arts curriculum into two local academies for the full-school year.
• Collaborating with the Tribal Justice program to design and pilot an arts-based "Wellness Court" program as an alternative to incarceration.
• Creating an exhibit space and mentorship program in the ELHI community center where youth and their families can show their creations.
Dancing Spirit is a 501(c)3 non-profit.
We loved the Summer Art Program. The caliber of art instruction, materials and lessons was way beyond our expectations. There wasn't a class that didn't excite or intrigue our kids. As a parent it has inspired me to be more creative with my children and to continue to build their creative minds. Thank you so much! This program truly served our entire family and we are extremely lucky to have a Community Arts Center in Ignacio!
(Gina Cosio, Solymar (age 8), Cyrus (age 6)
Donate Now to make a Difference!
© Copyright 2016 Dancing Spirit Community Arts Center. All Rights Reserved. Photo credits © copyright 2014 Tammy Jenkins & © copyright 2014 Katrina Jameson.
A Cool Little Town
Art brings smiles to our students!
Click on the Colorado Gives button
to donate to the
Claire May Scholarship Fund
Mailing Address: PO Box 414, Ignacio, CO 81137
Location: 115 Ute Street in Ignacio Colorado
Call us at (970) 563-4600 or e-mail us at: DancingSpiritGallery@gmail.com
All donations are tax deductible as a charitable contribution to our 501c3,
to the full extent permitted by law